Co-Founder, WhosWithUs | 2018 to Present
An early-stage startup developing a market for investment in musician's careers. The platform will encourage fans to back artists, to become part of their team, to help to propel their careers, and to grow a sustainable middle class of artists.
Founder, Metabolize | 2018 to Present
A design innovation firm transforming ideas into action across creative, technology, and civic, and education sectors
Creative Director, World Business Chicago | 2009 to 2018
Directed design, branding, and marketing for Chicago's economic development organization chaired by the Mayor. Portfolio included marketing Chicago as a global business destination (#1 for corporate investment 5 years running) in addition to a number of civic startups incubated at the organization. Co-founded and led two of those startups focused on innovation and entrepreneurship in the technology and creative sectors.
- Co-founded and led the ChicagoMade initiative to support the creative economy and elevate the city as a hub of innovation
- Led the ThinkChicago innovation & entrepreneurship talent recruitment initiative
- Led internal design team in collaboration with outside agencies
- Developed branding, brand architecture, and strategy for the organization and multiple startups incubated there
- Developed multiple user-centered Websites in collaboration with internal teams and outside agencies
- Developed the award-winning Site Selector web application
Web Consultant, MacArthur Foundation | 2008
Founder, Owner, Recording Artist, Mashit | 2003 - 2009
Released more than 20 recordings on vinyl, CD and digital formats by various artists; DJed, recorded, produced events, and toured across Japan, Europe, and the United States
Webmaster, Massachusetts College of Art & Design | 1999 - 2007
Designed and developed the College's first website in 1999/2000, coordinating across the organization to develop clear, coherent story-telling while maintaining brand consistency. Directed award-winning website redesign in 2002. Provided communications and technology strategy for the College President and departmental directors.